How to Commission The Goods
"Why be formal when you can be fabulously feral. Why be conventional when you can be happy?"
So it looks like you're thinking about transforming and creating a bespoke, one-of-a-kind piece of furniture. You've popped onto the right page. Here are some things to think about:
- Do you currently have a piece in mind?
- Maybe your Nan has 'the one' you've been lusting over since you were 12? Or there's something stored out in the garage that could really be cool if only...
- No piece?
- That's okay...I can help you source what you're looking for. Be sure to check out the next bullet if this is the case.
- Have you checked out my current hoard of naked furniture?
- What's your timescale?
- Need it yesterday? I'm good but noone is THAT good.
- Commissions take time, sometimes up to 8 weeks.
- Sourcing can take a day (buy a lottery ticket too!) or a week but more often than not, it can take months. Patience is a virtue right?
- What can be transformed?
- Just about anything you might fancy. Our imaginations are the only thing holding us back in this department.
- What are the costs involved?
- This ultimately depends on the piece, it's condition, how I can get my hands on it (pick-up/delivery/courier), the completion date you'd like, the materials required & requested and the overall design.
- Generally the commissions on small pieces I've done start from £150 and go up from there.
- Don't let that put you off...get in touch and let's have a chat!