Getting the Goods
All furniture pieces created by Salvaged Alchemy will be hand delivered by a professional insured courier service usually sourced through Shiply. As a general rule, shipping begin at £65 but can be more than that depending on a variety of factors (weight, size, location, # of items, 1-2 persons needed to name a few).
In some cases however, I may be able to deliver your item to you myself free of charge. The delivery address must be in a 10 mile radius of Gerrards Cross (SL9) and depends on the size of the piece you've chosen (...and whether it will fit in my vehicle). Generally, wardrobes, super tall cabinets and very large sideboards will have to be delivered by a courier.
In an effort to be more sustainable and help lessen the landfill load, I will often reuse pieces of cardboard and bubblewrap to help protect your furniture. I will also, almost always, wrap with brown paper and stretch flip to secure the bubblewrap. Additional moving blankets will be utilised by the courier to further protect your beautiful piece of furniture.
Would you like to collect your purchase from my quaint little studio? Sounds like a great plan but please get in touch so we can discuss details such as weight, size, vehicle and packaging.
I offer the opportunity for you to return your furniture piece within 14 days. There are some caveats that you should keep in mind;
- Costs incurred for the return of the item will be your responsibility and the initial delivery costs will not be refunded.
- Any furniture piece that has been commissioned does not quality for a return or refund.
- The piece must be returned in the same condition it was delivered in, with the same packaging and the original courier must be used for its transit back to my studio.
Although it very rarely happens, a piece may arrive to you with damage. If this happens, you must get in touch with me with 24 hours of accepting delivery.
- Depending on what has happened and the amount of damage done, we'll work together to come up with an amicable agreement regarding making repairs or returning the item to me.
- It's always a good idea to thoroughly inspect your furniture while the courier is present.